To use Discourse for commenting on your publication, follow the steps below:
Note: To use Discourse with Ghost, both your Discourse installation and Ghost publication will need to operate from the same domain, i.e. yourdomain.com (publication) and discourse.yourdomain.com (Discourse).
- Install and configure Discourse
- Once installed, from Discourse, go to Admin > Customize > Embedding and click Add Host
- Enter your publication URL in the Allowed Hosts column
- Select a Category for post discussions to be published
- Save the host by using the blue checkmark
- Fill out the remainder of the Discourse Embedding and Feed Settings
- Copy the Discourse embed code provided on the Embedding screen
- Find the
post.hbsfile located in your current theme’s directory, e.g.
- Paste the Discourse embed code before the closing
- Update the
- Save and re-upload your publication’s theme