How to Use Ghost
Setting up your account
Before you can begin using Ghost, if you have not done so already, you will need to create your blog owner account for your publication. You can do this by going to
Follow the steps below to create your publication's owner account:
- Go to
subdomain.ghost.io/ghost/signinand click Create your account
- Enter a blog title, your name, email address, and a password. Click the Last step: Invite your team button to continue.
- Add team members to your blog (one email address per line). Each email will receive an invitation to join your publication automatically. When finished click Invite some users or skip this step and go directly to your publication's admin area.
Writing your first post
Ghost is unlike many other blogging platforms out there, rather than having a standard text editor, Ghost blog posts are written using Markdown. Markdown is a minimal syntax for marking up your documents with formatting, using punctuation and special characters. Markdown is also used within Ghost blog posts for uploading images. For more information on how to use markdown and publish content within Ghost, see:
- How do I publish a post?
- Markdown Guide
- How do I add an image to a post?
- How do I publish a static page?
Customizing your blog theme
Ghost themes are very easy to customize. You can do everything from changing the layout and style of your blog to integrating comments or a contact form. For more information on how you can customize your blog, see:
- Ghost Themes Overview
- How to add Disqus to my Ghost blog
- Using custom page templates
- How do I change my navigation menu
- How to add Google Analytics
Congratulations, you’ve just setup your Ghost blog! If you’re looking for more information on how to use Ghost, checkout these other articles: